The WordPress Advanced Course is an on-line, video-based training course that will cover everything you need to know to quickly and easily create professional looking websites without paying professionals or needing any coding knowledge
The powerful ideas and practical techniques you are about to enjoy were developed by the highly respected Internet Business School (CPD & NCFE accredited) - one of the UK’s top sources of online business training.
As you progress through the Advanced WordPress course you will be taught by a top WordPress expert and be provided with practical hands on advice you can follow to get results fast. It will teach you not only how-to set-up and run a successful WordPress business but also offer expert guidance, tips and suggested strategies to employ whilst running the business
What you'll learn:
- How to use Wordpress
- Customising and building themes and templates
- Adding custom fields and panels
- How to install useful Plug-ins
- Linking Wordpress with SEO
- Integrating social media into Wordpress
- Using Wordpress for E-commerce and payment gateways
- Turn your Wordpress skills into a business
The WordPress Advanced course will include the following 4 videos:
Video 1: Customising and Building Themes and Templates - Managing Comments
- How to use WordPress as a CMS (Content Management System)
- Learn how to customise and build Themes and Templates
- What are Plug-Ins and how to utilise them
- Bringing WordPress and SEO together – in depth explanation of Permalinks and Sitemaps and which plug-ins are the best for SEO
- Includes a step-by-step guide on how to use Google’s free tools (Analytics, AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Trends)
Video 2: Backups
- Gives you a recommended list of available plug-ins for you to choose from, depending on your requirements and budget.
- Shows an in-depth step –by-step guide on how to install and use these back up plug-ins and what advantages they give.
Video 3: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Insight into what SEO is and how optimise the number of visitors to your website
- The pros and cons of using Backlinks
- How to use Yoast and Google Analytics (SEO plug-in) to analyse your website content to improve areas which can bring you a more targeted audience
Video 4: WordPress and Payments
- What are payment processors and what they are responsible for?
- Which Plug-ins to use for adding shopping carts to your WordPress site
- Step-by-step guide on how to set up your payment processor